Tuesday, May 18, 2010

10 Ways you are getting ripped off.

Are you like me... trying to save a buck or two whenever possible - and as painlessly as possible?  I love the Consumer Reports site and Yahoo Finance had some interesting articles/links.  From time to time I will upload an article or link I think might interest or benefit you.  It's not very creative, but it may trigger some creative thinking!

I thought this was interesting... if nothing else.

http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/article/109513/10-ways-youre-getting-ripped-off

I was especially interested in the Shape-Up athletic shoes.  It just so happens I went shopping for these this past weekend.  I suffer from plantar fasciitis and just recently ruptured the entire ligament--ouch!!  Back in the darn ugly Frankenstein boot again.

My Opinion:
I tried on the Reebok and the Skechers.  The Reebok shoe didn't have enough padding and I could feel the air pockets individually.  The Skechers felt wonderful and put the weight and pressure points away from my heel.  The only problem is they look like rubber platforms--ugly ones.  The look, I would just have to get over, but it was the price I had a problem with.  Granted there was a bit more rubber to the sole, but other than that, it's just a plain same-old, same-old, athletic shoe--not worth the $120 price tag.  I don't know if I'll have much choice because of my foot issue, but I won't be happy about it, and I won't buy another of their over priced shoe for me or my family.  Any alternative suggestions?  I would love to know if you or someone you know is dealing with this issue and what they have done to heal and get rid of it.

Thanks,
Tena

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails